Monday, 6 June 2016

What should you do to stop a child you have parental responsibility for from leaving Australia?

Make an application to the Family Court seeking an order that your child be prevented from leaving Australia and that they be placed on the Airport Watch List.

What do you need to do to prevent a child’s passport being issued?

  1. Seek a Court Order stopping a passport being issued for your child; or
  2. Lodge a “Child Alert Request” at the Australian Passport Office (alerts do not prevent a child leaving Australia on a valid Australian Passport or on a foreign passport or a passport issued by another country.)
    Applications for international travel or preventing children leaving Australia require applications and affidavits in support of such applications. 
    Please contact our Family Law Team on 03 9614 7111 if you require further assistance.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog.If you have been charged with criminal or traffic law related matters, you need to call us today. We can help you navigate through the pitfalls associated with being charged with a criminal or traffic law offence. Criminal Lawyers Geelong