Sunday, 22 November 2015

Can I register for Child Support when one parent lives overseas?

Either parent may be able to:
  • Apply for an Australian child support assessment;
  • Register a Maintenance Order, Assessment or Agreement from another country for collection in Australia if the Order, Assessment or Agreement was established in a country listed as a reciprocating jurisdiction for Australia;
  • Obtain an Australian Court Order requiring the other party to pay child support. An Australian Court Order can be registered with the Child Support Agency for collection. Collection options can be limited however, where a paying parent lives overseas especially if the parent lives in a country that is not listed as a reciprocating jurisdiction for Australia.
Please contact Nevett Ford Lawyers on 03 9614 7111 for further advice in this complex area.

No comments:

Post a Comment