Thursday, 27 March 2014

Can you make a claim for property settlement if your de facto relationship is less than 2 years?

It is possible to make a claim for a property settlement for de facto couples (including same sex couples) even if the cohabitation is for less than 2 years.  You would need to have a child of the relationship or have made “substantial contributions” to any property of the parties.  You would also need to demonstrate that if the Court won’t allow your case to be heard, you would suffer serious injustice.

No comments:

Post a Comment